Come to the 29th UNplaza Art Fair: Sept. 21-22, 2019
Artwork by local artists—with prices ranging from low to high—beckons you to PeaceWorks’ annual fundraiser, the UNplaza Art Fair, Sept. 21-22.
From paintings to pottery to purses, from sculpture to stained glass, you’ll find irresistible treasures. Do you want a new hat? Look no further! Do you crave a scarf or baubles, bangles, and beads? Come to the fair! You’ll also find photos, greeting cards, woodwork, leather products, and more.
Our fair benefits first the artists—to whom we are grateful!—and then PeaceWorks.
The fair is open Saturday, Sept. 21 from 10 am to 6 pm, and Sunday, Sept. 22, from 10 am to 5 pm.
Our location this year is Southmoreland Park (same as 2018), just to the west of the Nelson-Atkins Museum, between Oak St. and Warwick Blvd.
Artists – Apply Now!
Get the details and apply for the 2019 UNplaza Art Fair:
For the first time we also have an online application to make it easier than ever to apply. You can apply either ONLINE or with a PAPER APPLICATION. Note: you must have a Google account to apply online. Application deadline is August 15, 2019.
PeaceWorks Kansas City is committed to inclusion – communities of color, persons of all genders, LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual), genderqueer, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are adding a Friday setup option for 2019. Because of the extra security costs we will incur, we have increased the application fee to $35.
Past UNplaza Art Fairs:
- Calling All Artists – Apply for the UNplaza Art Fair!- Peaceworks KC is excited to announce we are now accepting artist applications for the UNPlaza Art Fair! The UNplaza Art Fair is our primary fundraiser of the year and an opportunity to feature local artists. For the first time we also have an online application to make it easier than ever to apply. Application deadline… Continue Reading
- Synchronicity- By James Timothy Allen Have you ever heard of synchronicity? This term coined by Carl Jung could be defined as a meaningful coincidence. When it occurs to you, it is often startling and leaves you feeling that the universe has given you a jolt of static electricity. A few years back, Sylvia (my wife, whose… Continue Reading
- Best UNplaza Art Fair Ever!- PeaceWorks' 28th annual UNplaza Art Fair had higher sales than ever before, a crush of customers on the first fair day, and a happy blend of artists, customers, and volunteers. Thanks, all! Continue Reading
- Newsletter: November 2017- 'Ban the Bomb butterfly effect' // UNplaza Art Fair--beauty in the park // Activists aim to oust US nuclear weapons from Germany // Afghanistan--the forgotten war // Abolish prison slavery--write prisoners // How to keep our children safe from guns // Coalition forms to tackle contamination at Bannister Federal Complex Continue Reading
- 2017 UNplaza Art Fair attracts new patrons- Jack Kleven, a new patron to PeaceWorks’ annual fundraiser, the UNplaza Art Fair, said he preferred our fair to others. Why? “Every booth is unique, with work I have never seen before, and reasonably priced. The artists are thrilled that you come in to see their work.” Continue Reading
- Newsletter: August 2017- UNplaza Art Fair: Sept. 23-24 // Two documentaries go nuclear, close to home // Hiroshima/Nagasaki commemoration marks 72nd anniversary of bombings // A night of beauty, remembering, yearning for peace // UN treaty advocates nuclear weapons prohibition // Toxic, radioactive waste sites: in KC, St. Louis, Idaho // Sandy Hook mom to speak 10/9 at… Continue Reading
- 2015 UNplaza Art Fair is big success!- Perfect weather and praiseworthy artwork graced the 25th annual UNplaza Art Fair. Sponsored by PeaceWorks, KC, and staffed by generous volunteers, the local artists exhibited and sold their many unique and affordable works of art. Strolling the shady grounds of All Souls church, patrons shopped, wined and dined—all for the cause of peace, and to… Continue Reading